1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Item for sale:
2 jems up for trade :)

Description & Condition:

Well, Time for a bit a of a change out I think!! First off…. my apologies to Simon, Rob and the Euphor, who all had some interest in the Pbk a few moths back when I was considering putting her body up for sale and couldn't quite let go!! These two play awesome!! But I don't Gig or teach anymore. When I cleared out most of my players (before my flit to Oz) these are some of the few I kept for playing and a few projects I had/have in mind… but I never get the time any more.

First up then…. The PBk, one of my faves, this one has been my player for a long time. For those that don't know, she's the Black one with white pick-ups, and the MOP/Abalone disappearing pyramid inlays original edge and Paf Pros. Oh and of course… the old style grip. She's a player, some pitting on the trem… some discolouration on the P-ups, there are a 2 small dings (not on the front) , some indentations on the body, but she still looks great from a foot away, and looks awesome after a polish (oooh black… love it/hate it!). She has a million miles on her from her previous owner and myself… she has neck joint finish cracks on either side, and has a repair to the neck, in the usual place, behind the nut. This was done by the previous owner. I always figured I would get it re-glued…. But that was about 7 years ago…. and I have never needed to.
Now on the plus side!! She plays awesome, the neck is really worn in for playing, she has the thinnest neck out of any jem I have ever had, and I have had……. More than I want to count!! LOL!! She's all original, the only mod is that the previous owner put one of those little tool holders on the back of the headstock. Oh she has had a fret level but I think they are the original frets (I certainly have had no re-fret work done on her!) I can't say enough how great she plays….. I have played her more than all the fancy jems I've had. If you want a great players jem, that still looks good (while they weren't as flash as the 777 at the time these age so much more gracefully) and has the best neck, this one is for you. Some people won't understand, But I love this guitar and I know a few of you will to!! I have given her a Darn good cleaning and a new set and she looks great!

Next up a BFP. Man, I love BFPs but I have recently bagged another, so I am going to let this one go. I have never understood this guitar……. I bought it from the original owner…. Who played it allot, but the body is in awesome shape…. The amount that the neck has been played compared to how good the body is has always struck me as odd. The fretboard needs a clean, as it is maple and getting on for 15 years old, but the body is in awesome shape… which is perfect as you get all the benefits of a played in maple neck with a great looking guitar. All original and no fading on the pups…. They are still a great colour of Blue!! The only marks on the body are a tiny pin-head on the back-edge near the forearm (not to the wood… and tiny) an a small scratch (1 cm and only in the clear… nothing!) and that is about it apart from the usual polishes. You could clean up the maple, get a new guard and she would look like she was a year old. She is a '91 but must have been a late 91 as she has a Lo-Pro and Direct Mount Pick-ups (Some early ones had guard mounted). For some reason BFP necks have always felt a little chunkier to me. I love maple board jems for playing…. And I love Vines…… and this is the only guitar with that combo!!

Shipping:
I don't have the Original Ibanez Cases for these girls…. But I'll dig out hard cases for both.

If you are in Aus NSW great… come and try them out!! If you are in the US, UK NZ, Europe I have no problem shipping…. In fact as long as your English is good I'll post to most places! A few sellers don't like to take the necks off the guitars and post (I guess it is a lot cheaper and low insurances are more believable!!) But I don't mind doing this, especially as some of you will have projects in mind anyways.

Asking Price:
Prices:
I am looking for Trades really (I usually am) If I get cash the missus only spends it on cushions and curtains and the like, I may consider a sale, but I would like to exhaust any trades first… If this happens (like I have done in the past) I will post prices.

Trades - Ibanez:
Oh I love a trade!! Seems nobody puts much stuff up for trade anymore!! I am always interested to hear about Jems, JS, J-Customs, RGs, Custom Swirls etc!!! Let me know what you've got…. I'm always interested in Trades + or - cash (maybe you have a collectors piece you never play and I'll add cash, or maybe you have a nice RG or JS and some spare cash… whatever). I'm not really one for S's and the only 7 string I am really interested in are UVMCs!!

Trades - Non-Ibanez:
Non-Ibanez… I like Les Pauls, Strats and Teles…. I Love Suhr, Melancon and McNaught. Maybe the odd PRS or Anderson….. or anything interesting! I am only really looking for guitars though not Amps really.

Parts for Trades:
I also enjoy hearing about parts trades (even though I have no time to do the projects!!) things like…'swap ya this old FP body for that PBk Body"…." Swap you this DY neck for that BFP neck" I always enjoy that!! May sell parts individually… but would like to see them go as a whole first!

My Location:
Australia NSW.... but sstill have accounts in the UK!!!

Terms of Sale/Purchase:

Drop me a line on [email protected] let me know what you've got, or for condition questions and pic requests etc.

I have general pics of both at the Ibanez Register….

http://www.ibanezregister.com/Gallery/jem/gal-jem7pbk.htm

http://www.ibanezregister.com/Gallery/jem/gal-jem77bfp.htm

(Registeres to Tim Walls... That's me!)

And at www.guitars.net.au (which is a brand new forum for Aussie guitarists that has just been built and launched by a friend of mine… Aussie boys and girls should check it out!! Should be a lot of fun!! 7 members so far.. so join up!!)

http://www.guitars.net.au/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core:ShowItem&g2_itemId=14

http://www.guitars.net.au/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core:ShowItem&g2_itemId=61

Other Information:

Thanks for reading all that!!

Cheers

Tim

·
Registered
198 Posts
Re: FT/FS: Ibanez jems BFP& PBk

Damn, got nothing to trade at this moment. Let me know if you change your mind and decide to sell the PBK (in one piece ;))!

·
Registered
845 Posts

Has the usual neck joint crack on the upperside of the neck pocket, some light scratching on the back which could probably be polished out....Neck needs a clean & allen key holder has been added to rear of headstock by some dipstick lol Also, original cosmos edge tremolo has been replaced with a black one. :)

·
Registered
21 Posts

Hello, my name is Alon, i Live in South Africa, Johannesburg.
I currently have a JS100 with Dimarzio Evo bridge and neck pickups, i am however not certain if i would like to trade it, but i would like to find out more information about trading for a JEM

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Zero, i amnot looking for a JS100 at this time... but thanks!!

Jeremy, I am just about to reply.

BS, I will give it some thought (are you in any kind of rush??) Ironically untill about 8 months ago she was about 30 mins up the road from you LOL!!

·
Registered
845 Posts
IbanezNorthwest said:
Zero, i amnot looking for a JS100 at this time... but thanks!!

Jeremy, I am just about to reply.

BS, I will give it some thought (are you in any kind of rush??) Ironically untill about 8 months ago she was about 30 mins up the road from you LOL!!
not in any rush :)

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would still prefer to do a trade.... but so many people have asked about price, that I think the fairest way is if I just post a price here....

I can't match the prices in the US... so really only trades will work to the US.

I am asking for around Aus$2400ish plus shipping.... I know that price is high for US buyers....but it is a good price for over here.... so a sale is only really open to Australia and the UK.... but trades still open to anywhere.

Would love for it to go to an Aussie!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts