Ibanez JEM Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: 2006 Ibanez RGA321F Prestige in awesome condition (9/10)

Why am I getting rid of this? Probably because I'm stupid - this is the nicest Ibanez I've played, hands down, and I'm an Ibby fanboy. I guess I just want to try something else to see if I like it.

Thin maple neck with two walnut stripes, THE nicest piece of Rosewood I've ever seen as a fretboard, a Rosewood veneer overlay on the headstock (very classy) and small Abalone dot inlays (also very classy)
Mahogany body with a 3/4" Flamed Maple top, stained in an amazing Sapphire blue with darker blue burst around the sides and back
Gibraltor bridge, which is really nice, sturdy, and comfortable
Dimarzio/Ibz pickups - these are actually pretty nice, especially in this guitar as opposed to the other Basswood models, but I'm just as picky as the rest of you guys here and I wouldn't call them amazing

The only reason I won't give this a 10/10 is because there's light swirling/scratch marks on the front and back that you can hardly see unless you're looking, but I'm almost certain that they can be buffed out with ease. Also, the finish on the bass side of the bridge has worn enough that a portion of the underlying chrome can be seen - if anybody has owned a Prestige in recent years, they'll know that the Cosmo Black finish will fade if you do so much as breath on it too hard so its not from excessive sweating or something. These are minute flaws, and there is otherwise not a single thing wrong with the guitar - no nicks, dents or anything.

Modifications: None

Accessories (hardshell case etc): Hardshell Ibanez Prestige case (I love these cases, they're so nice) with all of the case candy that comes with it. Comes setup in E Standard with 9-42 Elixers

Contact Info: PM me on here

References: Tehdan from ss.org, theshape from here, pfapin from rig talk

What I'm looking for: I'm not looking for anything in particular. 6, 7 or 8 strings would be fine. Maple or Ebony board would be a plus, even though I still love Rosewood. BKP's would be a plus. Thin necks are a plus, but not necessary.

The only things I can think of that I'd definitely be interested in would be:
Ibanez RG1527M (I'd trade for this, no questions asked)
Ibanez RG2020x or 2120x
ESP Eclipse II in flat black
ESP M-II (newer Standard series)
Peavey 5150 + cab
Engl whatever

Other than that, I'll entertain the thought of all offers, so just shoot something at me.

Pictures: http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/standard-guitars/89892-ngd-hbang.html

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.