Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Item for sale/trade: Seymour Duncan Alnico Pro Tele Rhythm Pickup

Description & Condition: Near mint, long leads, good chrome.

Asking Price: I'd rather trade for the right pickup, maybe $40 otherwise.

My Location: Illinois

Other Information:

I have a Radius with solid chrome covered humbuckers. So I put this Duncan Alnico Pro tele neck pickup in the middle position and it looks fantastic. But it doesn't sound that great. I'd like to trade this for something brighter and clearer. This is a real smooth neck pickup. Anyone with a Tele would like it. Here's a list of the kind of tele pickups I'd take in trade:

Duncan Vintage Stack (preferred)
Duncan Hot Rythm
Dimarzio Twang King
Dimarzio Virtual T

What I can't use are things like 1/4 pounders, vintage replicas, etc. I need good high end response. And it has to be chrome covered, or else it defeats the purpose. It's a longshot, but it could be a perfect trade for the right person.

e-mail to [email protected]

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but no. The humbuckers have solid chrome covers, no holes. I have chrome mounting rings, tune-o-matic/stop tailpiece, and knobs. It's all about the chrome on this one. The pole pieces would interrupt the flow. The tele pickup looks perfect. Theoretically, I could also use one of those lipsticks that are specially made to fit a strat, but even that look wouldn't be as cool as the tele pickup. I guess if I could find a chrome metal single coil cover that didn't have holes that would be ideal, both visually and sonically.

This alnico tele pickup is super tele neck pickup. If I had a tele that's what I'd have. It's just too warm for a middle pickup. So I figure someone out there might have one of the pups I mentioned and wish they had something warmer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts