Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried this combo, I'm about to get the Full Shred in the neck, but I have no clue how it'll sound in the basswood bodied RG350dx. I already have a JB. Sorry, I know I had a similar post, but being 17 I don't have $70 to waste...

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Very few people have money to waste, but in the end it's all subjective. Everyone has different likes and dislikes and your guess as to what you might like is probably just as good as someone elses if not better seeing that it's coming from you. If you're already thinking about doing it, then I would say to go ahead and try it out. It'll probably sound decent if not great and it will certainly be an improvement over the stock neck pickup.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
If you feel confident in your soldering and wiring abilities, then go ahead and do it yourself. But if you've never seen it done and you aren't confident in those abilities then definitely have a tech do it. If you don't do a good job soldering then it can cause your pickups to be noisy.

·
Registered
199 Posts
check the tone charts at the seymour duncan site. the JB has more highs than bass and middle. this usually sounds good in mahogany body /fixed bridge guitars, but it *may* not give the best sound in your rg350.
lower end ibanezes usually don't have the greatest tone woods.
dimarzios like the tone zone for example *usually* will sound better in your guitar because it has a massive eq curve at the bottom end and the middle where the natural wood of your guitar will 'need some help'. also the fact that it has a huge hole for the tremolo, it will need a pickup with a big bottom to compensate for that. try the pickup picker at the dimarzio site.
...just somethig to consider...
of course this is all personal opinion, and good luck in your quest for better tone!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.