Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This seems to have appeared without much fanfare:
http://www.tcelectronic.com/G-Major2.asp

Sounds interesting, and has all the stuff that was missing from the original G-Major (intelligent pitch shift etc). It also looks like they've re-designed the programing wheels that caused so much frustration when they got glitchy. I've been looking for a new unit, I think I'll hang on until this hits the shops!

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
I was looking at this last night, there is a frustrating lack of info right now but it look pretty good..
waiting on price. :/

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll judge it when I see the full spec, but from what I've read it's worth the £100 or so more than the Maj 1 (at least it is to me) but I still couldn't justify going all the way up to a G Force.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
ive been loking at rocktron stuff as well.
looks like its more than gives the TC stuff a run for its money..

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
no, the Voodu Valve i what i stumbled across on ****..

having said all this I just finished rehersal and I tried something new with my current amp..
I turned it UP ! :lol:
normally even at gigs i dont get it up to 3 - and thats with an attenuated pre-power amp signal.
basically its not being driven hard enough, I turned it up to 5 and it changed completely, it started to sound like the kind of thing I want so im gonna get a hotplate for it before I get a new amp..

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, curiosity has got the better of me so I've placed an order for a G-Maj 2. I'll post a review once it gets here (no shipping date yet)

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Very, a great improvement from the original G Major. Pitch shifting is far more accurate and the system is more capable. The new effects sound great, and the input wheels are far more robust looking.

I gigged it for the first time last week. Having used a G Major for a long while there wasn't that "wow" factor for me, but I'm still impressed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So it's a good choice for a racked multifx? I am searching one for my home studio, i have a jmp-1. Hesiting now with a digitech gsp1101, a pod x3 pro or a rocktron xpression and as i can't make a deep comparaison of all of them, i am a bit lost!

·
Registered
73 Posts
So it's a good choice for a racked multifx? I am searching one for my home studio, i have a jmp-1. Hesiting now with a digitech gsp1101, a pod x3 pro or a rocktron xpression and as i can't make a deep comparaison of all of them, i am a bit lost!
I have the first G-Major, and it's quite good! No distortions, no amp simulations, nothing, just pure fx!

Edit: Btw, I run it through the FX loop of a Marshall JCM900.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's a good choice yes. And if you don't need all the distortions, amp sims etc that the other units offer then it's your best bet IMHO.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
hey Algiman... I have a G Major 1.27, is the G Major 2 more or less the same pricewise + features (plus the white panel) and is it even worth upgrading to a G Major 2 from the original?

Here are my gripes regarding the G-Major (between mine and a friends unit) though nothing worth stressing over but hopefully resolved in the newest version:
1. outer concentric circle seems to fall out.
2. concentric circle would get "glitchy" when you rotate either direction, would take a few "clicks" before a patch change.
3. don't recall Bypass could be midi-mapped.

Reg

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Early days but the wheels seem far better, and as they don't have the concentric rings I suspect that they'll fair better in the long term. There are a couple of new effects which I have found myself using, and the pitch shifter is far more capable. If you need that, then upgrade. If you are just in it for the reverbs and delays probably stick with the G-Maj 1.

·
Registered
11 Posts
how is the reverse delay? that's the one thing that i wish the gmajor 1 had, and along with the pitch shifting, would get me to upgrade. wish it had a black face panel though...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts