Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heard of this guy, Hes just like vai and satch, but he plays more surf type music. One of my favorites by this guy is "Fade to Blue" which sounds really deep. He has a song called "The Deep" which he plays and uses alot of Vai-like techniques.

I cant find backtracks or tabs ANYWHERE of the songd by him that I like.

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
Gary Hoey is pretty good. Was bigger in the 90's (at least I think so). Had a great version of "Hocus Pocus." I have his Animal Instincts album and his Ho Ho Hoey Christmas album.

·
Registered
4,619 Posts
He's actually played the G3 as a guest a couple of times and he's pretty amazing. That fade to blue song is pretty intense and full of feel.

Jimmy:smile:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have 2 album, Animal Instinct and the Bestseller album. His Version of Money rocks, even though its short.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
"Bug Alley" is a great good CD. GH is a great guitarist. I like his lead melody lines a lot.

I should have bought his "Ho Ho Hoey" CDs 2 & 3 when I had the chance. I'm fairly sure both are out of print and the first one is very good.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
He's really good. And he's a nice guy! He's been at the Dallas Guitar Show the last few years and always puts on a good show.

And yeah, all three "Ho Ho Hoey" CD's get put in rotation at our house during the holidays!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts