Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I know I ran it through my gsp into my zoom multi-track.
I was trying to get the real processed sound like Steve Vai's.
He brings more equipment on gigs than most in studio;s LOL.
I used my Ibanez BFP.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Playing The Loner now. Sounds pretty good. Your bends are mostly consistantly on but you do have a bit too much high end and need more lows and low mids for that Gary Moore sound.

But my one advice, start working on the slight vibrato which is what makes Mr. Moore's tone so excellent. What I do on the song is a combination of slightly bending the string up and down and pressing on the fret harder and it sounds dead on, which is how I believe Gary Moore does his vibratos. If you can play the song that good, it should not be too hard for you to add in the smaller perfections as a next step :)

My Jem7v gets a great tone for that song on any of my Marshalls as well as my Les Paul.

Also you hear his cover of Roy Buchannan's "The Messiah Will Come Again"? That was totally killer!

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Playing For The Love Of God. Everything sounds good except the tone.

What I do for that song is just play it straight into my Marshall JCM 900 SL-X, turn it up and stand in front of it. No delay but it still sounds quite good as long as I make an extra effort to be careful with my hands to get the right tone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts