Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I've got an old GAX70 that I've put some nice cheap pickups in (axetech Steam Hammer) and thought I'd use the opportunity to put on my favourite Ernie Ball Power Slinky strings to replace the slightly smaller gauge that it had before. I'm not sure what they were.

Anyway, now I can't get it to intonate, it's always sharp on at least three of the strings though not restricted to one side of the guitar. I can't move the saddles any further back so I'm a bit stuck. (To be fair it's probably not only the strings, it was probably a bit off before I changed the strings... I didn't check it before the change.)

I don't think the neck is warped, but I'm no expert. If I was more knowledgeable and handy with tools then I'd mess about with the nut, but I'm not, so I'm wondering if anyone knows of a drop in replacement bridge that might fix it so I don't have to go and see my tech! :)

Here's the possible offender:

Thanks.

·
Registered
185 Posts
On TOM type bridges sometimes you have to reverse the saddles when you increase the string gage. Also you gotta make sure you stretch the strings before attempting to intonate.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.