Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone has traveled recently and taken pedals or a multi-fx board as a carry-on item? I'd like to take mine on a trip but don't want to get up to the gate and be told by the airline staff that the bag has to be checked! Anyone have any experience with this sort of thing?

·
Registered
234 Posts
I've recently gone to Europe and back with a pedalboard in a backpack and a toolbox full of cables and spare pedals as carry-on. It was a bit of a hassle, but in the end it worked out fine. Expect to spend an extra 10 minutes or so at security getting checked.

·
Registered
40 Posts
As long as the bag isn't too bag, you should be fine. I've flown with pedals in a carry-on backpack lots of times...they don't really care what's inside the bag so long as there are no restricted items. But yeah, expect to possibly have to wait longer.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Funnily enough I never had problems taking guitars on board for inland flights, but they did refuse me to take cables/jacks as carry on : "could be used as a strangling weapon", so if you have cables, check them with the rest of the luggage to be on the safe side ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Funnily enough I never had problems taking guitars on board for inland flights, but they did refuse me to take cables/jacks as carry on : "could be used as a strangling weapon", so if you have cables, check them with the rest of the luggage to be on the safe side ;)
Excellent...thanks for all the tips guys!

Keep 'em coming if you have more.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts