Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious about some feedback on an issue I have been wrestling with lately. During the day I have music melodies and stuff going through my head. The problem is that when I get to my guitar, I find myself playing the same old lines and runs. So I would be curious about some of the things that you guys have done to translate the beatiful melodies in your head down to the guitar when you pick it up.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
http://www.vai.com/LittleBlackDots/MLS_index.html

first of all, have a read through those articles. some of the most mind opening and informative stuff you'll ever read.

from my own experience, i think ear training and being able to identify intervals and chords really well is a large part of it. when i hear stuff in my own head, i "see" it in terms of intervals and scales and how i want it to sound etc.

i won't go into depth about what happens in my head musically, because i don't even understand it myself, it just works. i can't put it into words. but i think the key is linking your mind to your guitar through ear training. SOMETHING like that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts