Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking about buying a pack tomorrow, ive never tried them before, there are many kinds on the site but doesn anyone know wich ones can bend the easiest, ive always used regular slinky's E.B.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I use ghs boomers a lot; 9-46 and 10-46, depending on the guitar.

Since you're looking for easy bends you should start off with a 9-42 set (GB-XL or something like that??), but afaik the regular slinkys you used so far are 10-46 , so you'll have to adjust your guitar a bit (and maybe your playing).

Anything in particular that you don't like about ernie balls? Why not try a set of super slinkys?

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
Yep, I was converted to Boomers buy my tech.

I was using extra slinkys (.8's) now I use GHS .10's, and I am loving them.

A word of caution though. Don't be tempted to try the ZW Custom set. I put a set on my ZW Custom (good Les Paul copy, with a sticker set from Brian at Universal Jems) when I first built the guitar. I can now give the most powerful wedgies known to man, I have hands like an orangutang. It is like having the Midas touch, I cannot hold what I truly love in case I crush it. Mind you, if you are basically evil this may suit you :) Your milage may vary.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I tired using the GHS boomers, but they sounded awfully flat and lasted only about 4 days for me until they were totally flat a twangy. I switched to D'Addarios and those were plenty better, but i finally settled on elixirs with the anti rust coating, theyre fantastic. For me if i find a set of strings harder to bend then another, i think its good becaause it only stengthens your hand.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.