Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From my understanding squier guitars get faked all the time and they're not expensive at all? Just trying to be sure before i get a guitar. Thanks

·
Registered
162 Posts
If you are really concerned about it, ask for a high resolution pic of the front and back, especially the back of the headstock. You could do an image search online of that model front and back and closely compare the hardware and other features of both. There could be cheaper hardware, the font/size of the serial number and other text could be different, etc.

Based on a quick search, it looks like it would be a GART60. I saw a couple pictures with the off-white pickup rings so that could have come on older models. The ones now seem to all have black pickup rings.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I look through Ebay and Reverb for used guitars all the time. Have for years. I have never really seen "fake" Squier guitars. I have seen people trying to pass other guitars that are OBVIOUSLY not Squiers off as Squiers, or pass an Affinity line Squier off as a Vintage Modified version. Gio line Ibanez guitars are not much over 170 anyway. I agree that I don't see why someone would bother to make a copy of one. I personally think that the Gio line is too close to the border between a novelty item and a real guitar that will be playable for years. For close to 200 dollars, you can find used Ibanez RG450's or RG421's on Ebay all the time. Those are great playing guitars, especially after a little finish sanding on the neck and fret ends, and maybe a pickup swap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts