Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a quick demo of a GMW Randy Rhoads Polka Dot V. Hopefully I have time to do a real review with good lighting lol. GMW guitars play and sound awesome, easily the nicest V I have ever played with a great neck and set up. Just felt right all around.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Here is a quick demo of a GMW Randy Rhoads Polka Dot V. Hopefully I have time to do a real review with good lighting lol. GMW guitars play and sound awesome, easily the nicest V I have ever played with a great neck and set up. Just felt right all around.

Great vid, nice playing, and a badass guitar! I've considered buying a GMW for the longest time (the Rhoads V being one), but have never known anyone that owned one, or been able to play one. I know you say it's the nicest V you ever played, but how would you compare the build quality, fit, finish, setup, etc. to other guitars in the same price range?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Great vid, nice playing, and a badass guitar! I've considered buying a GMW for the longest time (the Rhoads V being one), but have never known anyone that owned one, or been able to play one. I know you say it's the nicest V you ever played, but how would you compare the build quality, fit, finish, setup, etc. to other guitars in the same price range?
Finish is flawless, I will be doing a longer video going over the guitar more, but the dots are in the right place, no over spray or anything that jumps out. Hardware is exact, schaller tuners, dimarzios, etc. The neck is a perfect round feel, it is not ibanez thin, and def not gibson big, its just a happy medium and really good feel. The neck is poker straight and the frets are flawless. I have the action super low with no buzzing, I actually like it a little higher but the fact I can have it this low is just kinda fun lol. My friend has a GMW super strat that is the same way, crazy low action.

As for it being the best V, well honestly I have not played many V's I have liked, but even sitting down with this it feels good, though this is def one you can pull out at a gig and walk around on stage like you are the man!

Hope that helps, if you get the chance to check out a GMW do it, I have not been disappointed yet playing one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts