Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom was diagnosed about 3 - 4 weeks ago with colon cancer that had spread to her liver and was moving into her lungs. They thought we'd have 6-9 months but as of late last week she's on 24/7 care. Thankfully, we have a good hospice program so that she can stay at home where she wants to be. I also have many siblings, so we are able to pretty easily work out who's there each day and night. Apparently she was so bad on Tuesday night they weren't sure she'd make it through the weekend.
SO....hug your mom while you can.

·
Registered
247 Posts
sorry to hear about your mom. show all your appreciation and love to her. My brother in law's father was diagnosed with some kind of cancer about 4 years ago, did the treatment and it worked until the beginning of the year, and it quickly spread to other organs and parts. The guy and his family are very religious, and for the last couple of months he's gotten really better, he now walks with a cane, but the doctors condened his to a bed a few months ago, and gave no hopes for him.

So if you believe in something, never give up. The world's been facing miracles everyday.

My thought and prayers are with your mom, you and your family

c-ya
Gilberto

·
Registered
414 Posts
Sorry to read that, i recently lost my aunt which was extremely close to me, i have spoke several times with my cousin since then and i admire him so much because he is now such a wise person, he points such wonderful truths, and the last one he shared with me, is the one i want to share with you, "Sadness and pain is so natural to us, it's inevitable, but it's our decission to suffer"...
I think a huge part of healing is the attitude, so help her with that, you know, if you feel a good energy surrounding you, you feel good, if everyone feels bad, youll feel bad.

My best wishes for your mom, you and your family.

·
Registered
383 Posts
swirlgirl said:
Thanks guys.
Today was my day to be with her. It was so sad, with moments of laughter. We think, at the most, she's got 2 weeks.
I'm sorry to hear about your mom... cancer is a bugger...

It's a long shot, but I have a suggestion (This may seem weird, but go with me)

I have seen and heard of people clinging to the end of life due to cancer who have turned it around by consuming large amounts of carrot juice. Not the stuff you buy, but juicing a TON of carrots, probably to the tune of about 50 lbs a week. it can be mixed with a small amount of juiced apple to adjust the flavour.

It seems weird, I know, but carrots have powerful anti-oxidents that can feed the imune system and help keep cancer at bay. When all else fails, a long shot can seem probable.

God bless. I'll keep your mom in my prayers too.

Trevor

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Terri, my wife and I will be praying for you and your mom. I recently was also in a terrible and similar situation with my mom over the last few years. She passed earlier this year, due to COPD. Just try to make her comfortable and be with her. Keep your spirits up and don't forget to tell her you love her. Our hearts and thoughts are with you. :(

Scott

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
UPDATE: the nurse said we should all be there, if possible. Her breathing was pretty bad. She's still alive, but we'll be surprised if she makes it through the weekend. We're all letting her know that we love her and that it's ok to go...that we'll be ok. It's so hard, but it's nice to be able to do this at her house, not a hospital room.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My mom died this morning at 3:05. There were several family members there, although only one was awake when she passed. He said she was just breathing, and then she wasn't. Sounds like a nice way to go.
Thanks for all of your prayers and well-wishes.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.