Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered if anyone else might be going to this? I know its a bit of a long shot, as not everyone on these boards is into this type of music. But I know a few people are, and just wondered if anyone is going to it? It should be a cracking gig all-round.

I have seen them once before (last year), and they were awesome then. But now they have an even better album out, and I cant wait to hear them perform it live. Especially the track "Nemesis" - such an awesome track! Those Ammott brothers really can rip it up.

And, not forgetting the female lead singer can ROAR with the best of them, she is hot too! :)

But they are playing at the Astoria in London on December 15th. They are playing at Wolverhampton, Manchester......and a few other places too.

·
Registered
105 Posts
yeah im off to the manchester show, they just announced strapping young lad as one of the supports but if the 2nd support is as bad as the 1st then my tick will b going to ****, i hope they pull their finger outta their ass's and get someone good as they promiced us because they cancelled the show before! which im still pissed about! and booking a crappy band like SYL makes me sick! i thought id gotten over this but obviously not ;)

EDIT: also the amott brothers have been split up as chris wanted to do his studys back in sweden :( they got Fredrik Akesson to fill in on this tour. altho their last albums were good but theyll never be as good as stigmata/burning bridges era :(

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bizkit666 said:
EDIT: also the amott brothers have been split up as chris wanted to do his studys back in sweden :( they got Fredrik Akesson to fill in on this tour.
I know.
But I still am gagging to see them again. My favourite player out of the brothers was always Michael anyway. I preffered his playing and stage presence as a whole.

I didn't think the support acts were going to be too good. But they never are. Whatever gig I go to now, I always miss the support acts, and just wait until the main act starts. Because the support bands usually suck!

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have only heard one or two of their tracks, so I cant really comment I suppose. For all I know, I may end up liking them. But they are only there to warm-up the crowd anyway - which I am sure they will do!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Im going to the London show :p i really didn't want to see dark tranquility, last time i saw them, they were supporting Kreator. They sucked, really boring. But i'm really excited about SYL, i missed their last tour so i get two of my favourites on one show, excellent

·
Registered
105 Posts
how could you not wanna see DT and wanna see SYL!!! crazeeeeey anyway king sized blues are 2nd support :| <-- un-happy face, there not bad but would of preferd somone long the lines of god forbid/darkane/stamping ground etc :( it seems all i do is bitch

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
masa said:
I'm going to see Arch Enemy on tonight.Opening act is Trivium.It is nice coupling for me!
Thats awesome!
I wish they were touring with Trivium over here in the UK. I saw Trivium at Download Festival this year, and they were awesome. They are only going to get better too.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
I have one of their songs on an Ozzfest 2005 summer sampler cd and I actually like it. It's heavy and fast but very melodic during the chorus. Cool song. I'll have to check out more of these guys. The girl has quite the voice too. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.