Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.. I need a few pedals now.. I'm especially interested in a good delay or reverb pedal to give me some thickness to my sound, and a good compressor to even out the sound and give me more sustain.. I'd like one that doesn't make so much noise though.. I'll also be in the market for an EQ pedal for boosts or maybe the new Seymour Duncan Boost pedal if it's not too expensive, but I'm not sure..

Is there a good Compressor that also has a gate built in to control noise.. God I hate noise.. So much I almost went with EMG's instead of Dimarzio's, but I wanted Dimarzio's with this RG>.

Tim

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Dude, there's always good pedals (Boss, etc) that can be picked up at a reasonable price on evilbay. That's where I've picked most of my pedals up from. Why buy a new pedal when you can pick up exactly the same thing for about half the price? And don't forget to buy a power-pedal (or whatever they are called over your side of the pond). You'll save a fortune in battery costs ;)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
For the most part Boss pedals come highly recommended. As with anything else, you usually get what you pay for. I currently use a Boss CS-3 compressor, and I wouldn't recommend it. It is noisy on my lead setting. Someday I'll try the Keeley compressor, but at $200+ new they aren't for the budget-minded.

I use an Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail reverb pedal (cheaper than Boss). It stays on all the time. My only gripe with it is that you can't use it on battery power.

Boss DD3 for delay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts