Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all:D

I'm not sure if it's all in my mind but recently i was playing great, had all my fast licks down and everything felt great to play, but today when i picked up my guitar, it felt like i had never played them licks before? I dont know whats wrong with me?

Does anyone else get these good days and bad days?

Ryan.

·
Registered
977 Posts
It's a sure thing in my house. I tried playing today and I played like I just picked up the guitar for the first time (I've been playing about 20 years now). Nothing was clicking for me. Had to put it down after a half hour because it was extremely frustrating. Maybe tomorrow will be better. :)

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Not uncommon at all. I have days when I think I'm playing really well and everything seems solid. Then others where I pick up the guitar and feel so embarrassed that I want to sell all my gear and never touch it again. But like the others, I get over it and push on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yea thats weird,but it happens to all players,good or bad.***
If you recently learned something new it has to sink in your brain,and that needs a little time.
Or,it can also mean that your body is to tired................have a good sleep or 2,it works.
Mostly when that happens I take a break for a few days and as I start playing again my fingers really fly over that guitar neck.
:mrgreen:;)

***Guitar playing experience of 25 years.

·
Registered
205 Posts
funny this happened to me this morning,I just got back from a mates house,was there all night so when I got home I picked up my guitar ,as I was in the mood having been at my mates house all night,..;)
and my fingers felt a little cold and shaky ,the fret board seemed to be alien to me in a way ,so I just grooved around looking for new paths ,then all of a sudden I realized I was having a ball.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I could be something as simple as the way you're standing, or sitting or a bunch of other things. Years ago, I did an acoustic gig with a friend and couldn't play for the life of me. It ended up being that I almost never played sitting down. So, when I sat for the mellow gig, it threw off my playing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts