Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna put a pair of dimarzio's in my mahogony rg520
i want a pickup that will pickup pinch harmonics realllll easy with alott of gain,
but so that i can also control the tone to be able to put out a real bluesy tone.
what kinda pickup should i put in?
i'd like my guitar to sound like newer "As I Lay Dying" guitar, but as i said still have alot of versatility

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I'd say forget the EVOs. I tried them and really didnt like them, in my opinion the Evo 2 is far superior (and sounds INCREDIBLE coil tapped). Despite that, my choice for bridge humbucker is the Dimarzio Steve Special. It has and always will be my favorite bridge pup. For the neck, if its a humbucker, Air Norton, if its a single coil, Cruiser. I have tried SO many Dimarzios and those are my faves (especially in a basswood bod).

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I don't know about the Evo 2, I paired it with an Evo neck but it lacked punch and sounded thin compared to the Evo neck. It was rich in harmonics though. Since then I have installed a Tone Zone, which I liked very much, but I'm currently testing a a Breed bridge that was installed yesterday.

Still looking for an Evo bridge, to see how it compares with the others, because the Evo neck has left me impressed.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I have not used the EVO2 - however based on YOUR requirements (not mine)I would still try an EVO in the bridge and maybe a breed or a PAF Pro in the neck for the blusier sound that you are after. I would imagine that you would be safe with any of the options mentioned above.

-Wolfram

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
as i said, i'd like some pups with AMAZINGLY high output, but also with that ability to pull a s***load of tone out of, lots of harmonics as well..
they don't necissarily have to be dimarzios.. i just like all the cool color options lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts