Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I've replaced the stock humbuckers in my RG550, and I'm looking for a good single coil for the middle position. I've got an Air Norton in the neck and a Tone Zone in the bridge. I really like using the 2 and 4 positions for clean sounds. Any recommendations? Thanks.

Registered
I've been reading about the same subject. I am going to be replacing my center single coil for my 540r HSH config. I am probably going to go with the "True Velvet" (middle). The "middle" version has reversed polarity so it doesn't hum in the 2 and 4 position. It's not too hot as well so it retains that nice clean quackiness that is sought after for that position. I don't own it, but I will be buying it when I get time for the install. There's my 2 cents 馃お

Registered
I second True Velvet. It's the only middle pickup I've used with the Tone Zone & Air Norton, but it's definitely a good match. DiMarzio/Ibanez didn't throw this set into the majority of Prestige and J. Custom models without any thought. Whether someone likes the set or not (it is a lot of low end & low mids), I doubt anyone would argue the three pickups don't compliment each other well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts