Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks i am thinking of buying a new vai signature, i dont have a particular need, so u help me decide... a used 1991 77fp, a universe 777vbk, or the new 77b mirror jem?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Coming from a guy who has now 3 six-string electrics, I would go for the UV. I bought an FP anniversary based on the guitar's looks more than anything else, but it prolly woulda made more sense to buy a UV.

Of course, 6 strings is about all I can handle...

·
Registered
124 Posts
I would go for the universe. If i have the chance to get something different i always go with that, sense i already have 3 six strings, it would be nice to have a seven.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
UVs are sweet... I'm looking at trying to get ahold of a BFP or an FP sometime in the near future if my skydiving rig sells on evilbay.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Ralph khoury said:
Hey folks i am thinking of buying a new vai signature, i dont have a particular need, so u help me decide... a used 1991 77fp, a universe 777vbk, or the new 77b mirror jem?
UV. If not that, go for the FP. That is a sweet Jem. One of my favorite Jems.
I would rather get the UV777BK since im a strictly a 7-string player but that's just me. ;)

·
Super Moderator
9,696 Posts
The Mighty FP! But get the newest one you can find. The older ones just aren't as nice players for the most part, IMHO (I'ver had and sold a few). I think any other Jem might be letdown from a VWH though, those are out there. Maybe get that UNI after all if you can't get a Jem10 ;)

·
Registered
257 Posts
if it were me i would either get the fp or an older bad horsie cause those new mirror guitars are as beautiful as the old ones. What is your current 6string of choice cause if you already own a jem or something that is nice i would say go for the uv777bk.....it would be different and you wouldn't be like why did i buy this guitar when i don't really need it cause everyone should have a 7string. The reason i would go for the fp or bad horsie is because i already own a uv777bk and i have played a few different jems and i would say the uv is just as good as the others plus you get a low B!!! Let me know how it goes!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts