Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just got the diamond plate pick guard for my universe, made to my spec, i love it, it looks so killer... only 1 more thing to make this universe just the way i want it, a x2n-7... the guard was made by sharp concepts, and they did a great job on it, as well as signed it with an engraver on the back, definately worth the 58 it cost after shipping.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nordhauser said:
Neck pickups are great. Especially in the UV. ;)
i hate blazes, i can't stand their sound... a pickup like an x2n is much better suited for my sound, thank god dimarzio is releasing an x2n-7...

as for cost, it was 58 after shipping, not too shabby, and really good quality, i'd recommend sharp concepts to anyone after this.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
red5 said:
My thoughts too. I guess with digital, people feel they need one pickup.
even with the tube amp i used to have, i never used anything but the bridge pickup. i like the crispness it offers for lead work, and it works quite well considering the style of music i play.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Basically that's all i listen to and yet i utilize the neck pup. ;)
It seems to be a major trend nowadays to have the one pup, though. it still seems like a major downgrade to me; however it's your guitar. I hope you enjoy it!

Nordhauser

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nordhauser said:
Basically that's all i listen to and yet i utilize the neck pup. ;)
It seems to be a major trend nowadays to have the one pup, though. it still seems like a major downgrade to me; however it's your guitar. I hope you enjoy it!

Nordhauser
like i said, i never use it, so why have it? i even have a killer clean tone with just my bridge pickup.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.