Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ya folks,
E minor metal progression video played on my spalted maple Carvin UltraV guitar. Legacy3 head and cabinet.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Great playing as usual Rab :D

I really like the Spalted Maple look too... I just bought a Spalted Maple board for the top on a new build!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dude... you rocked that one!! Dig your style... melodic and aggressive... fantastic!
Thank you Brother..I try to mix shred with different modes in the key and that heavy bluesy run in that usual pentatonic scale. If i dont feel like it, cant play it well..

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Great playing as usual Rab :D

I really like the Spalted Maple look too... I just bought a Spalted Maple board for the top on a new build!
Thanks bro,
Spalted maple is so beautiful on a top...Apparently i heard its hard to work with. That what the custom shop folks at Carvin told me when they were building mine.
Are you building it yourself? Or a custom shop?

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Thanks bro,
Spalted maple is so beautiful on a top...Apparently its hard to work i heard.
Are you building it yourself? Or a custom shop?
Yeah if it's really punky and soft you have to stabilize it with something like epoxy or CA glue before you start resawing or shaping it...

The spalt I ordered is for me to build with. It's going on a Sapele SS type body...

If you're interested, in the "Tech Setups, Repairs and Mods" section, I have a few of my full builds posted from start to finish...

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah if it's really punky and soft you have to stabilize it with something like epoxy or CA glue before you start resawing or shaping it...

The spalt I ordered is for me to build with. It's going on a Sapele SS type body...

If you're interested, in the "Tech Setups, Repairs and Mods" section, I have a few of my full builds posted from start to finish...
Nice..Ill definitely check your work out..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts