Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my JS1200 CA from MF a few days ago, and I'm very happy and excited about it as many of you guys are.

Very nice case this new J-Craft, I realize that it's a little thicker than the regular Ibanez case, but it fits more exactly the JS guitar, very good job here.

The color, oh man don't mention it, very cool red, I agree, pics don't make justice, as well as for the chrome hardware.

The selling point for me with this guitar is the neck. I feel that the neck it's a little fuller that in previous version, it fits better my hands, more comfortable. I've compared them side by side, and it is fuller, not that I'm complaining about my JS1000, but there is a difference. I would like to hear opinions on this matter.

On the other hand, the strings action is a little higher than what I normally use on my JS1000, but that's ok, I want the strings o sound as clear and buzz-free as possible, without exaggerating on the action. This way I'm also helping my need for a fuller neck.

In general the guitars I have, are with me because of the neck, then the sound, and then the rest. If my hands feel at home in one guitar, I'll pay more attention to it, and will start testing it, otherwise I feel discouraged about it.

The sound of the guitar, oh my God, it's just great. The neck pickup it's great, I'm playing a Mesa Stiletto Deuce with a Marshall cab.

In general, I'm loving this guitar more and more. Hey Guys, what you think about the neck on the JS1200 ...

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Yeah, I love my JS1200 too. Pictures can't do the color justice ... but the G3 Denver DVD captures it pretty well.

I haven't noticed the neck difference you mention ... but then my JS1000 is actually a year newer than my 1200, so they probably do have the same neck. I haven't heard about neck changes, but I wouldn't be totally suprised if Ibanez changed it a bit. Of course, they are supposed to be the "exact digital replica of Joe's favorite neck", which would define the shape pretty well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ryanb said:
...... Of course, they are supposed to be the "exact digital replica of Joe's favorite neck", which would define the shape pretty well.
That is very right, they should be an exact replica.

One thing I forgot, it's that the guitar came with the back plate signed by the man , Mr Joe Satriani

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ryanb said:
How did you manage to get a 1200 from MF with a back plate signed by Joe? ... suspicious ...
By the time I ordered, there was a couple of promotion sales, one was with a Dunlop Wha pedal RI, and the other was with the back plate signed by Satch. I picked the one with Satch signature, and it was available only for some time. I think they still have the one with the wha pedal, not sure, the other one it's gone already. I ordered mine around May.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The other day, I hit a local Guitar Center to check out some guitars. I was interested in an EBMM or a JSXXXX since i've never tried one before. I really wanted to try the 120o to see it in person. I asked the salesguy if he had any Satch models and he showed me a JS100 that I wasn't really interested. As I was walking out, I see a guy trying out an amp using a JS1200. I told him that they told me they didn't have any and he informed me that it was his personal guitar. I asked him if I could try it out. OMG, the neck was perfect for me. In fact, the guy says "your really comfortable with the neck". It just felt right.

Right now it's way out of my budget. But if I hit the lotto, I'm getting one.

al

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.