Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new RG6pkAG arrived today. But it wasn’t new. The box had been re taped. I opened it up and there was a scratch on the truss rod cover and a gouge around one of the neck screw holes. There were no torque bushings on the whammy bar. And there was no parking material in the box. Just a white foam baggie that the guitar arrived in. The last time Zzounds did this to me was on a Kramer. It had a paint chip that someone tried to fill in with white nail polish.

So I called them up and told them that I was pissed off. And to make matters worse, they refused to send me a shipping label in the mail, like they have done before. I have to wait three damn days for UPS to send me one in the Email, and then go to the UPS store and pay them 2 stinking bucks to print it for me.

I asked them if the guitar was new when I ordered it. It wasn’t and they lied. I am never doing business with them again. I don’t have the time to waste with this bull****. The gouge on the back was pretty deep. Also, the pickups were all tilted funny. I am never paying this kind of money for an Indonesian made guitar again. My Jem Jr was $499 with gig bag. I expect problems on a cheap guitar, but not one that cost north of 1500 bucks.

So there I was at the post office, pissed off that I had to buy packing tape to send this stupid guitar back, when I see this old guy struggling with a large box, trying to get into the post office. Five people rushed past him like he was in their way or something. I walked up to him and asked him if I could help.

Turns out his box wasn’t really heavy, it was just big. So he gladly accepted my help and we introduced ourselves one to another. The guy turned out to be a 90 year old Korean War vet. Turns out we both go to The same VA office in the neighboring town. He was an interesting guy, and we talked for a good half an hour, and he was a total delight to talk to. His name is Burl. We talked about our military service and my son’s and the time just flew by. by the time we parted company, I was no longer pissed at Zzounds. Totally changed my mood.

·
Vendor
26,452 Posts
To be fair depending on how it was taped, every box is retaped at least once. It's inspected at the distributor. Then mine are retaped after inspection, then taped again after prep for delivery. So mine will be taped 4 times. Not to say it's flaws might not have been from a previous buyer that returned it, but perfection and Indo rarely collide in the same sentence. As far as the packing is there any warehouse that does anything but the minimum?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, well Im done with them. A gouge in the truss rod cover, and a gouge in the wood, wonky pups and no bushings for the bar. It reeks of customer return. But they charged me full price anyway. In a month or two I will have enough cash to buy a J Custom, but I surely won’t buy it from them.

·
Vendor
26,452 Posts
Tilted pickups are just a issue you can't do alot about unless you want to pull them, shim underneath and tighten them down on the shim to keep them straight. they're always angled one way or another, it's because the way the wire comes out of the pickup putting tension on it, usually.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts