Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a great performance. The dudes are on a stage about the size of my living room, and it looks like the club has around 300 people in it max. The band looks happy and fluid on stage, and the sound is pretty darn good.

Alex Skolnick still has chops, and short hair. I never new you could shred like that on a LesPaul. He switches over to what looks like an Iby 540S about 1/2 way through the show and flies all over it. He took out the whammy bar, oddly enough. He never brought out his original Iby model, and I really wanted to see one of those in action. The other guitarist, Eric Peterson, uses a 3 humbucker Dean for most of the show.

If you're into old school thrash metal, this is the DVD to buy and go back in time. Wheeee!

-= H / M =-

·
Registered
300 Posts
I haven't even THOUGHT about testament in 10 or more years. Cool to know they are still going.
I loved them and really liked Skolnicks playing when i was a kid. Haven't heard 'em in a while. Might dig out "Practice what you preach" (always my fave) when i get home.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
He also uses all fat strings now on all his guitars. He might not be using 12s or 13s since he started playing with Testament again, but for everything else he has. On The Legacy and I'm not sure about the next 2 albums, he used a guitar with 9s and I think one pickup too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.