Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got my custom Carvin V3 head in jungle red with the diamond plate grille but I found out from the invoice that the 412 cab with vintage 30s is out of stock. :(

What I'm wondering is this. I don't have another cab, but I have my Peavey Bandit 112. Is there any way I can rig the V3 head to use the Bandit 112 as a cab? The Bandit has these different input/outputs on the back: External Speaker 100 Watts 8 Ohms Min Load, Power Amp In, and Preamp out...could someone help me out please? I'll post a pic of my shiny new head if you do!

Thanks!

Also here's a link to the specs on the Bandit 112 to see if it would be compatible with the V3.

http://peavey.com/products/browse.cfm/action/detail/item/116535/Bandit(R) 112.cfm

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ha I know guys - I'm just anxious. It's my first tube amp and I just wanted to see if there's a possibility that I could use my Bandit as a cab.

·
Registered
484 Posts
For some reason, I can't open the manual pdf
If I recall correctly, the speaker is hardwired to the amplifier in the bandit

Here's one trick to sortof use the V3..

Connect the FX send from the V3 to the FX return of the bandit.
This will take the V3 preamp signal to the bandit's poweramp section.
Both amplifiers will need to be turned on for this to work.
VERY IMPORTANT: Make sure the master volume on the V3 is all the way down!!!
Since the head has no cab connected, It has no resistive load for the poweramp, opening up the volume will result in a fried amp!

This way you can hear the preamp signal from the V3, but be prepared for a disppointment, this setup will not sound as good as the whole V3 package!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the idea, but I think I'm just going to play it safe and wait. I won't have to wait too long - I just found out that I should get my cab this Thursday - yay!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts