Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all, this is my first post here!

I'm looking into replacing pots on a vintage '89 RG560, but was only able to find CTS and similarly-sized pots here in Canada. All of these will require enlarging the mounting holes on the guitar, which I'd rather not do. I also looked into ordering replacement parts directly from Hoshino, but that turned out to be too expensive.

Luckily, I have an upcoming trip to Hong Kong, and was wondering if any of you know where I can find Gotoh pots in HK, or other high quality pots that only need a 8mm mounting hole.

Or - better yet - if you know where I can find such pots in North America, please let me know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Measure the size of your pots, then Google guitar volume pots. There's plenty of sellers online. Keep in mind a tone pot is really just a volume pot with a capacitor attached to bleed off treble.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Pots on Ibbys are not Gotohs; the parts made by Gotoh are just hardware (trems, retaining bars, tuning pegs and so on) but not the electronic parts. Any 500K pot for humbuckers will do the trick, but you just can choose quality parts as DiMarzio pots with Orange Drop capacitors for the treble bleed mod on the tone pot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback. Already looked into all that, but as I said, only available pots in North America require a 3/8'' mounting hole, whereas Ibanez stock pots have an 8mm mounting hole (< 3/8'').

Any info about where I can find pots with asian shafts that only need an 8mm mounting hole?

Anybody in Hong kong can help out with this?

Thanks.

·
Registered
841 Posts
If your guitar is unmodified and completly stock Rich (see Rich Harri’s Ibanez Rules swirl banner on the top of this page) will send you the ones you need for your guitar. Drop him an e-mail (he’s a fast response man). You can search the pots you need on the parts page undee electronic parts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts