Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Why does he think he has to cut his hair every time he gets a grammy nomination?? I;ve never seen it this short. I think he looks more civilized with long hair:)

VAI and short hair just don't go together8O

Same with VAI and 666:lol:

·
Registered
7,559 Posts
JJEMMER777 said:
Why does he think he has to cut his hair every time he gets a grammy nomination?? I;ve never seen it this short. I think he looks more civilized with long hair:)

VAI and short hair just don't go together8O

Same with VAI and 666:lol:
Haha yeah lol...Actually he looks a bit like *** in short ;)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Well....Steve didn't win the Grammy. But Les Paul did on his album. Apparently Steve has won a grammy before. Check it out on www.grammy.com. It's for a song called "sofa" that I've not heard of before. I will be checking this out. Just thought I'd keep you all informed. TUGGEY

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Sofa is a Zappa tune that Steve played for Zappa's Universe if I remember correctly. Zappa's Universe was a Zappa tribute concert put on by Mike Keneally and others, Steve only played on the one song and won a Grammy. There was some sorted history on that, you can probably find it with Google.

$0.02,
Roger

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
tuggey said:
Well....Steve didn't win the Grammy. But Les Paul did on his album. Apparently Steve has won a grammy before. Check it out on www.grammy.com. It's for a song called "sofa" that I've not heard of before. I will be checking this out. Just thought I'd keep you all informed. TUGGEY
Didn't really surprise me that Steve didn't win, since he was up against Les Paul and Friends. The track Sofa can be found one of the CD's in the boxset.

Regards

André

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
rgr said:
Sofa is a Zappa tune that Steve played for Zappa's Universe if I remember correctly. Zappa's Universe was a Zappa tribute concert put on by Mike Keneally and others, Steve only played on the one song and won a Grammy. There was some sorted history on that, you can probably find it with Google.

$0.02,
Roger
He did play more than one track at the actual show, but Sofa was the only one on the CD.

Mikey :)
vai.com

·
Registered
300 Posts
fettouhi said:
Didn't really surprise me that Steve didn't win, since he was up against Les Paul and Friends. The track Sofa can be found one of the CD's in the boxset.

Regards

André
It can be found on "Mystery tracks Archives Vol. 3" which you can buy pretty much anywhere.
Good tune but not in the same league as "Lotus feet".

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.