Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I happened to notice something rather odd about the VSK..

The volume-knob position.. I've seen pictures of the VSK with the knob both in the old position and the new, which is weird?

The discussion about the knob occured in '89 right? The same year the VSK was made, so, one would think the knob was moved in '90?

So, if the pictures I've seen of the VSK with the knob in the new position in not VSKs with new pickguards, what happened?

·
Vendor
26,378 Posts
That answer would require making some assumptions. Were any SK's still available in a foreign market for 90'? I'm not sure, I know the US did not. If there were, you might see a few VSK's done in simultaneous production. If not, are there any transitional late production SK's with the moved knob? I can't be positive, I would think they had made the decision to kill it early enough there wouldn't be later production [or, see above]. But there are plenty of 89' plate JEM's that have the moved knob location that are transitional models [such as an FP I have, and you can't fake the knob placement on an FP]. So the assumption would be is that any with the moved volume knob would be replaced guards, but there's just no way to be absolutely positive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts