Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must say, i have known Greg Howe for his work with Ritchie Kotzen (Tilt ...) and loved it, even if abiot too 'metal' and intelectual. But right now I am really discovering this guy (introspection ...) and think he is a real genius !!! Tasteful, alot of chops, and, well, different !

Anybody on jemsite knows his work well, and has CDs DVDs to recommend, I am starting to adore his work !!

Cheers all,

Stephan

·
Registered
881 Posts
oh man, i love greg howe's work. every recording in his catalog has something to offer. i recently ordered the Gentle Hearts Tour Live dvd (imported). a LOT of improv on this one and you see how down to earth he is. I really like introspection, his stuff with kotzen, and his cover of Giant Steps on that fusion collaboration (sp) disc. Extraction is also splendid. i just wish he'd tour in the states so i could see him live. he also gives lessons (check his site).

finally, someone brought up greg howe's music! so unknown and underrated

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Yeah, Greg rocks! If you haven't checked out Extraction yet, I highly recommend it. He also has some video clips on his site from a recent Japan tour.

Roger

·
Registered
881 Posts
the clips on his site are from the gentle hearts tour dvd. go to audiophile imports to check that out if you want.(plus they show you another clip or two).

yea, extraction is really cool. what a lineup.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Extraction is Unbelievale!!! One of the best fusion albums I've heard in a long time!! Go get it! Victor Wooten and Dennis Chambers, it's so good it should be illegal. Also go Check out Gregs first album Called "greg howe" , it's got billy sheehan on bass! Very tasty!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts