Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I'm just curious, what ESP guitar is Greg playing in this clip? It's beautiful, but I can't seem to find it on ESP's website and Greg Howe isn't in their Artists section. I know he plays Laguna nowadays but the letters on the headstock in this clip says E-S-P, right? :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the answers!

So it's a custom guitar... Well, never mind, it is still a beauty!

I'm not so sure about the pickups though. In the clip in post #2 it's clearly a DiMarzio in the neck (text logo position) and as far as i can see, there aren't any text on the bridge pickup, which makes me think that both are DiMarzios. But in the posted picture it's clearly Seymour Duncans, so I guess he most have changed them after a while :)

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if you want one. buy his Laguna. its actually REALLY nice and looks exactly like those pictured above. accept orange and not blue or green :(
I think that's one of the most beautiful guitars ever, actually! :D I think the orange color (Awesome Orange I believe it's called :p) is quite good-looking, but well, maybe a bit more 'unique good-looking' than 'beautiful good looking' to be honest ;)

I love the concept with Greg's guitars, super strat body with maple neck and HS pickup configuration... Gotta get one! :)

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
I think that's one of the most beautiful guitars ever, actually! :D I think the orange color (Awesome Orange I believe it's called :p) is quite good-looking, but well, maybe a bit more 'unique good-looking' than 'beautiful good looking' to be honest ;)

I love the concept with Greg's guitars, super strat body with maple neck and HS pickup configuration... Gotta get one! :)
oh dont get me wrong, i LOVE the orange :) i would just prefer the blue or green (especially the blue :). because then i can put white pickups in it)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi,

That 3 ESPs´s are custom made. There are only 3 made, the Blue, the Red and The Green one. And all were owned by Greg Howe. That guitars were prototypes for a past idea for a Greg Howe ESP signature guitar that never happens.

I always liked that guitars and this week I´m very happy and proudly to got keep the blue one with me. I´ve met Greg here in Brazil last sunday and monday and got his blue ESP. It seems like I´m dreaming yet and I don´t believe this happened yet.

Greg Howe love DiMarzios and that guitar has the new DiMarzio GH5 on the bridge position and the DiMarzio Chopper on the neck.

He uses 010s strings set on it. That guitar is amazing. I´m very very happy with it.

Besides an amazing musician I have to say that Greg Howe is one of the great person that I´ve met in my live.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
His blue ESP guitar is a true Howe icon guitar. Congrats!

I always loved his white Fender HM on the cover of Introspection. Heard he sold that one 9 years ago at Ebay. A shame i missed that opportunity, as i would love to own a Howe guitar.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I always liked that guitars and this week I´m very happy and proudly to got keep the blue one with me. I´ve met Greg here in Brazil last sunday and monday and got his blue ESP. It seems like I´m dreaming yet and I don´t believe this happened yet.
Did I get it right, you bought the blue ESP from Greg? Wow. I'm pretty jealous right now, congrats! :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts