Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can anyone tell me what years they made these? in the grey matte finish. it seems like maybe 2003 and 2004 only? what other finishes were available in those years?

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
it was first year only and had the best playing neck.
i have one and it is amazing ( my best lowest action ibanez).
year is 2002 and had a 3 piece neck with the funky volute (which i love).

i added the guard to mine.
there might have been a black one that year but i dont think any other colors.
i had 2 and sold the one without evos. i miss it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks man won one online was hoping it was a good one. any idea where i can get a trem arm for this cheap though? i was also thinking of putting a jb tone zone or breed or screaming demon in the bridge pickup. i already have a jb but it could go in a dk2 also.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
thanks man won one online was hoping it was a good one. any idea where i can get a trem arm for this cheap though? i was also thinking of putting a jb tone zone or breed or screaming demon in the bridge pickup. i already have a jb but it could go in a dk2 also.
trem arm rich harris ibanez rules.
also be aware that when you put dimarzios or simular in these they are taller and require some modding to the neck tremelo cavity.
also i had 2 of these and i actually liked the stock pickups as good as the evos.

my action on the bass side is barely over 1mm and treble side a little less, try that with most ibanez with no buss and great bending action.

another thing i did was take the massive shim from under the nut it was not needed and made it play so much better.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
trem arm rich harris ibanez rules.
also be aware that when you put dimarzios or simular in these they are taller and require some modding to the neck tremelo cavity.
also i had 2 of these and i actually liked the stock pickups as good as the evos.

my action on the bass side is barely over 1mm and treble side a little less, try that with most ibanez with no buss and great bending action.

another thing i did was take the massive shim from under the nut it was not needed and made it play so much better.
the pickup are to tall in just the neck pickup or the bridge too? i just wanna replace the bridge pup

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
if it dont have the 2 white bushings i wouldnt do it.
you could damage your trem and bend the arm holder.

i would just buy a ibanez egde\lepro\edgepro bar.
they are like 20.00

1 - 16 of 16 Posts