Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a guitar with a on-on-on mini toggle for switching between 2 humbuckers. I get a buzz when I touch the toggle, but it goes away when I touch the strings. So do I need a ground going to the mini toggle? If so where do I solder it, one of the lugs or the side of the toggle's body? I've been looking online for a while with no answers so any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Does it also buzz when you touch the switch while touching the strings on the same time?

EDIT: It could sound like that the signal is going through the switch-flap that you touch. Is it made out of metal? Why not just cover it in plastic? :)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No to the first question. I'm just trying to find out if I should be grounding this switch in any way. I just noticed this today after having it wired like this for about a month. I may have always touched my strings while using the switch when amped up, so I don't know if one day I'll use the switch without touching anything else and get horribly shocked or worse.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Everything is grounded as it should be, besides the toggle. I've seen that diagram before. I know in that diagram it shows that 3 way having a ground wire go to it, so I thought why should a mini toggle be any different? But I don't know if I should ground the body of the switch or something else.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts