Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an opportunity this weekend to run my Boss GT-8 in a stereo configuration by using my Boss Cube 15 and 30 as the right and left speakers respectively. The sound was unreal! Lush stereo chorus, panning delays, separate amp simulations panned right and left, etc...

One problem though. The Cube 15 experienced some distracting hum when hooked up as part of the stereo setup. When used in mono mode no hum. When used to accept either the left or right output from the GT-8 there was hum. I changed cords. The Cube 30 had minimal hum regardless of which output it was accepting.

I was able to minimize the hum by turning up the GT-8 output and turning the amp's volume down, but there was still noticable hum during quieter playing. Anyone having a similar problem? Any insights?

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, but there is no ground switch. It has a three pronged plug, which I tried plugging into different receptacles without any luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.