Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have been having the same problem with my GT-8, using two vintage fender amps, run in stereo from the left/ right outputs. Run in mono, the hum is acceptable, but the moment I plug in the second amp the hum is a deal breaker. I've had the pedal for over a year and don't remember this being a problem before so I assumed it's in the pedal. I've spent hours trying different amps, cords, outlets, grounds lifts, hum eliminators, and even took the pedal to a tech who tested the grounds in the pedal and couldn't find anything wrong. Any help on a solution would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! (I haven't tried this cord config yet but may have to get the soldering iron out)

·
Registered
3 Posts
OK, so a standard guitar cable with just the tips connected made no difference. Still has the big hum. ( I'm guessing that the TRS end in the picture is unnecessary?) On the up side, I fixed a nice but non-working guitar cord. I'll try the DI next.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.