Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i recently (as in, today) restrung my UV77BK with 9-42 using a 52 for the low B. Previously I was using 10-52 and a 60 for the low B. The trem angle is great, and the action is nice and low... however i've been noticing a bit of buzzing, on the bass strings. Also, the treble strings are a wee bit to high for my liking. I'm thinking I have to adjust the truss rod. Would I need to put more curvature in the neck or less? Also, last time I tried to adjust the truss rod on my UV, i noticed that when i took the truss cover off there was this weird cap thing preventing me from getting to the actual truss nut itself, any way to get around this? Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Any buzzing up to around 8/9th fret is due to not enough relief in the neck. Buzzing higher up is due to low bridge heigh.

In your case, get the bridge height right first as well as trem angle then loosen the truss rod (while strings are attached and in tune) and turn it a 1/3 or 1/4 turn anti-clockwise. Leave it for a few hours, play and see if you need more. Just don't shock the neck by altering the truss rod too much too soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts