Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess this is "gear" but I'm looking to put a few guitars on the wall but want a decent hanger to put it on. Just looking for suggestions that others may use. Thanks!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I bought a Strong Wall aluminum- Slat Wall rail hanging system from String Swing. Easy to put up and very strong. You can get hangers that are different lengths and are angle adjustable. Just google them.

·
Registered
42 Posts
While I normally never recommend anything from Guitar Canter from their house brand "ProLine", their guitar hangers are fine. I've hung at least 2 dozen of them and never had any issues. And, if you are a GC Pro customer, they can be really affordable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the Hercules as well. I even installed it wrong when I first used it. Screwed the wooden part onto my wall horizontally instead of vertically 🤦*♂ Don’t make that mistake! None of my guitars fell though so that’s good.

·
Registered
103 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
For individual wall hangars, Swing String or Hercules are probably the best options. Both very secure and are available with a nicely finished wooden base (Hercules' oak would be my preference).

Both designs require you to lift the guitar upwards to remove it, eliminating any risk of it sliding out if it's knocked or you aren't 100% precise with placing it in the hangar. The Hercules self-locking system is self-explanatory (I'd probably avoid off-brand imitations of this locking system). The Swing String is a less fancy design, but equally secure - the dip in the neck rest means you have to lift the guitar up about an inch to remove it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I highly recommend Swing, they are simple yet effective.

The u shaped holders can pivot to accommodate for any headstock shape, they have very long threads so you know it's going to be secure and best of all, they have rubber tubing padding so it will protect your guitar longer.

Alot of cheaper alternatives have foam, and depending on the guitar, the foam will eat away at your paint job or finish on the neck.

If you look at used gear or "show floor" gear from guitar center, 9/10 of them have hanger rot due to styrofoam hangers.
Or worse, the styrofoam dried off and flaked away leaving the guitar to sit on metal hanger bear.

Here is an example of a guitar finish reacting to the foam over time.
Brown Wood String instrument Tints and shades Audio equipment

This can happen at the headstock too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts