Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. While perusing thru some old video tapes, I came across the video for "Never Enough" by L.A.Guns (they shot the video at my former place of employment in Denver...if anyone cares.).

I'm trying to identify the guitar from that video. I'm pretty sure it's the one in the crappy picture below. Any info on who painted it (Donnie Hunt?) would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Guitar ID Please

Sorry Kev, I can't help you, but that's partially because the picture never fully loads!

Maybe it's just because I am using a lousy ISP (although other sites load easily and quickly) or maybe it's just my lousy PC.

·
Vendor
26,432 Posts
Guitar ID Please

Judging by the quality/size of the pic, all I can say is it probably wasn't Donnie!

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Guitar ID Please

It's called a "Gunslinger" one of the few "normal" shaped guitars that BC Rich made. They had quite a few with graphics on them, have no clue who did them. Jason at www.drumcityguitarland.com is a huge dealer and has some in stock, he may be able to help you.

Where was the video shot? Would you be willing to share a copy?

Roger

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guitar ID Please

Roger- Thanks for the tips. I do remember the Gunslinger model. Nice to see a maple board on a reverse-headstock guitar. :) I'll give Jason a buzz...see if he knows about the finish. PSSST- ProSound was a big B.C.Rich dealer too.

The video was shot on the main sound stage at Film/Video Equipment Service Company in Denver. I don't remember the year- It was shot just before I started working there (1993). Another funny note: the Bentley "limo" that the band uses belongs to the owner of F/VESCO. He's a big car collector and doesn't sleep. :)

I'd share a copy, but fore-warning: it's a REALLY crappy copy (about 10th generation dub).

·
Registered
82 Posts
Guitar ID Please

I think I remember seeing Tony Macalpine<?> playing this same model. Anyone else?
Oddly enough, my band Psycho Gypsy is warming up for L.A. Guns in about 2 weeks in Tempe, AZ. Yes, they're still playing!!!
G.M.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Re: Guitar ID Please

It's called a "Gunslinger" one of the few "normal" shaped guitars that BC Rich made. *They had quite a few with graphics on them, have no clue who did them. *Jason at www.drumcityguitarland.com is a huge dealer and has some in stock, he may be able to help you.

Where was the video shot? *Would you be willing to share a copy?

Roger
I thought Gunslingers only came in H-S, though I could be mistaken.

Is it possible it could be an ST or something?

I have a BC Rich...

*cough*shamelessplug*cough*

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63642

·
Registered
643 Posts
Could it also be an Assassin? Although mine is an H-S as well.

Did you try the BC Rich forums? There are a couple of really knowledgeable peeps over there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
HEY ITS "LETS RESURRECT A 14 Y/O THREAD" DAY!!!
I found this thread by googling Tracii Guns LOL

Anyway that guitar was painted by Dan Lawrence , Tracii gave Dan a paisley shirt to pattern it after.
Tracii sold it to a guy named John who eventually sold it on ebay in 2007 and Tracii tried to get in contact with the guy in 2007 to try and help purchase it back on my behalf and then sell it to me but we never got a response from him. As of right now i know its in Tenn I maybe ( and thats a big maybe) ably to purchase it if the price isn't astronomically high.

All info i have on the guitar came from Tracii back in 2007

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh cool I have a guitar just like that! Too bad I can't upload it's photo due to the forum restriction of not having enough posts!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts