Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Guitar Institute in London

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  F-100 
ACM in guilford is quite cool too, BUT, I know a lot of people who have come out of top quality music schools like these and have gone to work in Pizza Hutt and other places cause they cant get work. Likewise I know a lot of session musicians who get work like once every 3 months.

Save your money, make your own CD, get a Publisher. In England at least there arent enough jobs in the music buisness.

I was in a class of 12 Music Technology students, 2 over the college's limit. In the year below there are 4 classes and 70 students, all wanting to be engineers or producers.

My advice is go and get as much hands-on experience as possible. I worked as a volunteer at Rich Bitch recording studio in Birmingham for 4 days. Its apparently one of the best in the country, and they offered me a job at the end of it. Just goes to show what you can achieve if you get out there and try.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.