Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this should be here but I just finished up the rig and thought you might want a look...

Guitars not pictured...
Jem BSB
3 other custom swirls from Darren at ATD....

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The swirl on the left is Blueboy. That is the first swirl that Darren did for me about 20 years (!!!) ago. The Orange one is Halloween that Darren did for me a few years ago. Almost sold Halloween a while ago and am so glad I didn't.

The strat is a partocaster. Alder body painted and sanded then cleared. Birdseye neck from Warmoth and a JB in the bridge. It's a real monster up close (the floyd route if brutal and the pickguard is cut horribly) but it is really an 80's hair metal guitar the the enth degree. Sounds great on RATT tunes...

Thanks all...

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
davenit said:
The swirl on the left is Blueboy. That is the first swirl that Darren did for me about 20 years (!!!) ago. The Orange one is Halloween that Darren did for me a few years ago. Almost sold Halloween a while ago and am so glad I didn't.

The strat is a partocaster. Alder body painted and sanded then cleared. Birdseye neck from Warmoth and a JB in the bridge. It's a real monster up close (the floyd route if brutal and the pickguard is cut horribly) but it is really an 80's hair metal guitar the the enth degree. Sounds great on RATT tunes...

Thanks all...
Halloween looks to be a Jem body isn't it? What model?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JJEMMER777 said:
Halloween looks to be a Jem body isn't it? What model?
Actually it is a converted RG. I forget which model. It was Black when I bought it. After I stripped it I found it had a bookmatched maple tiger top that had a defect and a maple body. What model it was I have no idea. It weighs a ton. So I put a maple neck on it to give props to George Lynch (LOL). It is one of my favorite guitars. It has breeds in it and sounds amazing...

Dave

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.