Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Love your collection!

What's the difference between the JPM's with the shark tooth inlay? I notice different tremolo and pickups. How are they set up?

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aris_T said:
Love your collection!

What's the difference between the JPM's with the shark tooth inlay? I notice different tremolo and pickups. How are they set up?
The JPM with the sharktooth inlays was my project guitar, since I couldn't get my hands on th real deal I built one to my liking, the finish is like the original
no stickers to worry about or rub off on the surface, it has an alder body,
a tone zone in the bridge position, humbucker from hell on the neck position
and a lo pro edge trem like the original JPMs so as you can see the bridge isn't different, the only thing I couldn't get my hands on was on a prestige type neck similar to the ones that the original JPMs have so I had to settle for a wizard neck but i must say that it plays and sounds just as killer as the other 2 I own.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Chris From Singapore. said:
Please pan the camera a little to the right in the 2nd pic...

I see something of interest in the bottom right corner... :)
Which guitar did you want me to focus on? let me know...
it might be clearer or more in focus in my 1st thread titled similarly except
I named it part 1 "the JEMS"

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Aris_T said:
Love your collection!

Sorry I think I got the wrong guitar in my last post, the JPM that is next to the Gambales was my first ever Ibanez it was originally an RG270DX that I moded
throughout the years.
Currently it has a Gotoh type Floyd Rose with a slide in bar, I have to say it is a wonderful trem, it always stays in tune and it allows some wild guitar pyrotechnics; It has an Evolution in the bridge position and a humbucker from hell in the neck position, it has color knobs to match the graphics and a 3 way
switch instead of a 5 position, also this body does not sport painted graphics it has stickers, I know it was kind of half ass but it was my first project and I'm proud as to how it turned out. I think improved it the second time around, thanks for your questions.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Like I said in the "Guitars that Rule the World pt. 1" thread, impressive collection, I suddenly have the urge to acquire one of those RBMs. :)

·
Registered
597 Posts
OLIE_ROCKS_THE_80'S said:
Sorry I think I got the wrong guitar in my last post, the JPM that is next to the Gambales was my first ever Ibanez it was originally an RG270DX that I moded
throughout the years.
Currently it has a Gotoh type Floyd Rose with a slide in bar, I have to say it is a wonderful trem, it always stays in tune and it allows some wild guitar pyrotechnics; It has an Evolution in the bridge position and a humbucker from hell in the neck position, it has color knobs to match the graphics and a 3 way
switch instead of a 5 position, also this body does not sport painted graphics it has stickers, I know it was kind of half ass but it was my first project and I'm proud as to how it turned out. I think improved it the second time around, thanks for your questions.
Either way, you answered my question (one at the time)!! :)
Great job on those projects!
And I must say again that I love your collection!

·
Registered
12 Posts
What do those 'RMB ?' models sound like? Ive always imagined they lack tone. I recall reading a guitar mag that interviewed Eddy Van Halen and he had really worked over a guitar in his garage and cut out a chunk like that. He said that took the tone right out of it. Seeing as how that guitar is designed that way tho...

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Rusty Shackleford said:
What do those 'RMB ?' models sound like? Ive always imagined they lack tone. I recall reading a guitar mag that interviewed Eddy Van Halen and he had really worked over a guitar in his garage and cut out a chunk like that. He said that took the tone right out of it. Seeing as how that guitar is designed that way tho...
I think Reb's Ibanez model is very underrated but it's one of their best sounding guitars in my opinion, and as you can see I have tons of guitar in my collection so my opinion isn't unfounded.
I heard about that guitar EVH butchered but that was a whole other ball game mate, he was just experimenting and didn't know what the heck he was doing, on the other hand the RBM are very well balanced guitars that posses very good tone and playability just hear Reb wail on them in the old Winger records or in the live performances, think for a minute, do you reckon that he would use a guitar that had no tone? don't think so... this guitar are fantastic if you can get your hands on one I highly recommend them but get a MIJ RBM prefferably as It has better fetures.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts