Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Interesting. Love the burst finishes, but it looks a bit squarish, and I'm no fan of the "strat jack". Not really a radius, IMO, but maybe thay felt a "real" one would take away from JS sales. Not available in the US...hmm.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
It's great, but it's hardly an answer to our "bring back the Japanese Radius" cries. The jack is lame, they did that jack on the Ergodyne pseudo-Radii. The burst pattern is all wrong, too. It comes in too awkwardly in the treble cutaway. They just don't get it anymore. Still I might want one for good measure. The trem is okay, and it might be sort of an "OLP" for Radii, if we can ever get them here. Maybe an overseas auction or something.

·
Registered
725 Posts
nope, it's simply a rounded edge body Ibanez guitar. the Radius features a tapered bass (body) side while retaining regular depth over at the treble end, this GXR is devoid of such replication. the pickups on board were rather low output, all in all, nothing great about this guitar. the only plus i see is that it features the Edge III bridge instead of the ILTs which are standard in other GIOs.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Those are nice and nice finishes too. I've never seen that model before. The whole GIO thing bothers me though.
I like MIJ Ibanez guitars. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts