Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Yeah I bought one, I loved the look of it. I got the

Some people would say its not a great quality guitar, but I say that its in the player and not the guitar. Im sure Steve vai could pick it up and make it sound awesome.

It plays well and does the job, and looks great.

I will mod it soon with new pickups....

·
Registered
515 Posts
I really like them and wanted to buy one. When I went to the guitar store to try it out the finish literally flaked off by my fingernail. I have heard others complain about this as well so I hope it isn't a huge issue..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i want to get my hands on the iceman, id change the pups too and put a layer of clear coat to save the print, i'm a huge fan of giger's works :)

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
go for the looks.....and have fun....and yes its the player who does it...but every one knows the story of the quality.....pups chance...would be the first thing....

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
Funny on price because I paid $699 US and shipped it to Australia for an extra $100 US and still saved approx $1100 AUS on the overall price. It cost $2000 in Australia for this guitar. So it was damn cheap for an ibanez with a cool graphic on it in my opinion...

P.s my RG2 has not had any graphics flake off from the body and its in the same condition as to when I bought 4 months ago and its played every day.

Having it clear coated sounds like a good idea but it will lose that matte look to it.

Each to his own

but its a fun guitar to own....

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ve got this guitar used for 460$ and i wold not have paid a cent more because quality is so low for an ibanez. By the way its the same as the rgt42dx and would recommend bying this one.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
i'll go with the RGT42dxfx with the same inlays if i can find one for a good price (under $400 with a case). ;)

·
Registered
913 Posts
Giger is a modern day master. It's nice to see Ibanez had the ballz to produce this. Whether you like his work or not it's better than some of the awful graphic series I've seen.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Giger is a modern day master. It's nice to see Ibanez had the ballz to produce this. Whether you like his work or not it's better than some of the awful graphic series I've seen.
My thoughts exactly. I'm more into flame tops and natural finishes, but those are definitely up there with some of Jacksons' custom graphics. Pretty sweet if you ask me.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts