Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Hope you guys are well and safe.

So I am extremely frustrated for lack of information on this setup! This is my first pickup upgrade done by myself lol. I have RG550 and bought EMG 81 (Neck) SA, 89XR (neck) to setup, plus I bought the EMG 5 way switch. But none of the diagrams provided and none online matches the setup I have on my guitar. can you guys help? And everywhere is closed, no where to take my guitar to :|

Cheers

·
Registered
9,365 Posts
I'm not quite following what you're having difficulties with. Have you got everything needed, eg, 25k vol and tone pots, the switch, and stereo output jack? The EMG five way should be labelled if it's a quick connect?

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Hi everyone. Hope you guys are well and safe.

So I am extremely frustrated for lack of information on this setup! This is my first pickup upgrade done by myself lol. I have RG550 and bought EMG 81 (Neck) SA, 89XR (neck) to setup, plus I bought the EMG 5 way switch. But none of the diagrams provided and none online matches the setup I have on my guitar. can you guys help? And everywhere is closed, no where to take my guitar to :|

Cheers
Are you soldering connections or did you get the solderless wiring kit, etc? Check out youtube, there are a lot of helpful EMG install videos on there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.