Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I probably should have identified them as my camera is a POS!

Top L to R
JPM P-1
PGM 90th HAM
JEM777 VSK
RG PR-2 "Texas Prestige"
RG PR-3 "Texas Prestige"

Bottom L to R
RG PR-1 "Texas Prestige"
RG 2027X VV
JCRG 21-A J-Custom
LACSD-RG1 7 string
LACSD-RG1 6 string
RG-Sheltie Dog ;-)

·
Registered
247 Posts
you're lucky to live way distant from me :) The JP1, PR1, LA RG7 are my favorites in your collection ! Congrats !!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I like the look of the old Petrucci guitar more than the Musicman one. I was amazed though to hear from people that the Musicman stays in perfect tune even after extended whammy bar use.

·
Registered
300 Posts
all those Ibanez... my god... all those Ibanez!! *shocked* u lucky, lucky man! hehe, awesome collection.. amazing rather. i wish i had a collection like that.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Robotechnology said:
Nice guitars!! But... what is a Texas Prestige?
They were a small run (12 of each colour/type) made exclusively for Guitar Centers in the Texas area (hence the adopted name).
Although they are badged as 'Prestige' model RG's they have J-Custom stamps in the neck-pockets apparently.

Stunning guitars!:)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys! I am indeed fortunate to have such a collection and appreciate your appreciation of it!

I play every stinkin' one too - just got back from practice using the JPM and PGM (I declared it "signature" day). I love to switch 'em up as the all have a very different feel & tone.

Yeah - what JTM45 said about the PR's ;-)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sure Dave...

Wizard through-neck, ebony board, rear-mounted DiMarzios (PAFs I think), with a built-in Roland GK2A midi pup (came stock with it). 1 of 12 made.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Robot -

I have a GR-33 which has some great sounds in it and is very easy to use. It tracks OK to a point. As this is my first experience with midi/synth stuff for guitar, I have nothing to compare it to. It seems that if you go too fast, it won't track well. It depends on what you're playing.

As an example, I use it for "Dreams" by Van Halen which is a keyboard/acoustic guitar sound. It sounds great and the syncopation isn't so quick to run into tracking problems.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts