Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I haven't posted on here in ages, but I hope everyone is well. I was trying to time this post to hit around 1:00 PM this afternoon (US Eastern Daylight Time, 12:00 Noon Central Daylight Time) but ran into some issue affecting my internet connection. Why the timing? Well, if my information is correct, 30 years ago today at that time (just over an hour ago), the Ibanez Jem (as well as the RG series design as we know it today) was first unveiled to the world at the Ibanez booth at the Summer NAMM convention in Chicago, Illinois, USA.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Best regards to all!

mike777

·
Vendor
26,387 Posts
Technically wouldn't it be Saturday? Didn't Steve show up on Saturday and pull the curtain off the display? I know it had been guarded by a security guard posted at the display.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Rich!

I wasn't positive my info was completely accurate. There were a couple of differing bits of info about it in the 30th Anniversary video and I extrapolated info from that. Plus I searched for stuff online a bit. From what I found June 27th, 1987 was indeed a Saturday. We're at least in the right week of it! :)

Best regards,

mike777

1 - 5 of 5 Posts