Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Il be looking to buy a top quality hard case for my Roadstar RS1300 since its nearly ready to be put back together. Unfortunately i dont know what cases will work as modern Ibanez cases are designed for RG/S/RGA etc

Ive looked at Ibanez M300 and M500 cases along with Hiscox cases so far, can anyone on here advise what might work with a Roadstar? I think the Hiscox case looks like the most viable option at the moment but any additional input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Try a TKL made for a strat. It will fit many guitars besides Strats. Should fit the Roadstar.
Food Human body Musical instrument accessory Cuisine Cooking

Rectangle Gadget Font Electronic device Fashion accessory

TKL’s site shows these at around $270.00. But I just ordered one from American Musical Supply for $170.00.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Those TKL ones look nice though, i was hoping for a flat rectangular case as its easier to stack and store but the Hiscox ones are shaped, i suppose il just have to take whatever fits really...

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Those Ibanez m300's are pretty dang nice... The last hard case I bought was a Gator. I was pretty happy with it! Priced pretty well too. I know you're not here in the USA but here's the model.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Personally I like a case where the body and neck sits relatively snug, with minimal movement..

The other option is to buy a sheet of kingspan, some spray adhesive and some furr and have at it on an old case :)

View attachment 18691 View attachment 18694 View attachment 18693
Do i see a form fitted body area?

You did that?

Nice!

I kinda gave up on cases since i got my rack.

I own 9 guitars, 3 cases, and a gig bag.

2 old skb square strat cases
1 fender g&g (from when they were only 170 bucks)
1 yamaha gig bag.

Honorable mention to the guitar fetich tweed case i bought a while back, that my daughter has now.

Its extra thick, and could use some of the padding work lefty did above, but i think i paid 50 bucks for it? A steal!

These days, i will take the gig bag if my guitars have to go anywhere.

I figure there will only ever be 2 more cases in my life.
1 for the custom i will have built in the near future.

1 for me, for when i head off to the great gig in the sky.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.