Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for the experts...

I just picked up a new Jem7V and I can't stand the 'gold' hardware. Is there a good source for chrome hardware that you guys would recommend?

Thanks in advance ;)

H

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Also, there is a thread with a member who changed his hardware to chrome with chemicals.

Let me see if i can find it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help guys!

I'd be slightly worried about the metal tarnishing after some time, so I might get some new hardware?

Either way I now have some options...

H

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Someone said metal tarnish?

After one and a half year. :D
The problem I have with my Jem's gold hardware is that not only do I hate gold on guitars... it's more a 'yellowish' cheap looking gold? You know what I mean?

H

·
Registered
240 Posts
I really scared cause it jumped to pickup poles. I see little tarnish on pickup poles too.
It doesnt go into a "vintage" look. After 1 year i think my guitar will look like crap! *sigh*

·
Vendor
26,435 Posts
Your gold hardware has value right now. Once you strip it not only will you spend many hours ruining it, but it's then worth very little. Replace it with the right parts and then sell off the gold to recoup most of what it cost you. That would be the smart choice anyway.

·
Registered
240 Posts
No i dont want to strip it I like gold hardware but if i cant prevent tarnish my hardware will have no value after. I'll change parts when they all ruined! lol
Rich you mean gold hardware has actual gold plate or a plate that has a value? Or i understand something wrong :D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
There is something else that bothers me on my new Jem... the middle pickup mounting screw heads are HUGE! Every time I try and trem pick on the high e I get caught up on that damn oversized screw head!

Why in the world did they use these big screw heads? And why right there in the middle of the pick path?

H

1 - 14 of 14 Posts