Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dug out the first Shotgun Messiah album last week and can't stop listening. Keep pulling this out over the years and I just love this album. Catchy tunes and Harry Cody is AMAZING. Anyone else into Shotgun Messiah back in the day? I like Second Coming, too, but this first album is it. For a guy who claimed to not be able to pick with much accuracy in his spotlight feature in a guitar magazine early on, I think that this first album is just chock full of such catchy guitar playing. Makes me want to play every time I put it on. Especially love "I don't care about nothin," "nowhere fast," "the explorer," "nervous," and "shout it out." "The explorer" is an instrumental, so if you want to just hear this guy's compositional and technical skills, it's a killer track. The cd is out of print and hard to find these days, but if you've never heard them, look up some songs online if you love catchy, 80's rock tunes with tasty melodic shred guitar at regular intervals. I think this guy was definitely an overlooked talent, as was this band, just coming out at the end of that era.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
The guy has some serious chops, for sure! They are one of those bands I've always heard of, but never listened to. I just read some reference to them in a guitar magazine from back in the day. (Yes, I still have stacks of old GFTPM, Guitar World, etc)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts