Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking to clearcoat my guitar with spraymax 2k clear as I've heard not so great things about normal acrylic finishes. Has anyone here had any experience with it?
Also my guitar is covered with paper and vinyl stickers, could there be a problem with the spraymax reacting with these?

Cheers,
Pete

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hi,

I'm looking to clearcoat my guitar with spraymax 2k clear as I've heard not so great things about normal acrylic finishes. Has anyone here had any experience with it?
Also my guitar is covered with paper and vinyl stickers, could there be a problem with the spraymax reacting with these?

Cheers,
Pete
Yes, the stickers may be a problem.

Spraymax is also an acrylic clearcoat, the difference is that it's a professional grade product and therefore far more toxic but it should give better results.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I've used it. Its good stuff but its dangerous so make sure to wear a respirator and gloves. Long sleeves wouldn't be a bad idea either... You DO NOT want to breathe this stuff in as it can do some damage.

Do a quick test first with some other stickers to see if it works, but do it just before you paint your guitar as 2K only has a short shelf life after its activated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts